There is so much to see and do at The Hunter Valley Retreat, whether you are visiting us for a conference, family getaway or a romantic escape you will be spoilt for choice. You can go for a bush walk on our property up to Miracle Mountain and feel like you are on top of the world, or to Platypus Creek and dip your feet in the cool water while trying to spot one of these shy animals.
If you prefer something more adventurous you can choose from helicopter rides through to horse riding. And if you prefer something more sedate, a visit to one of the many local spas and restaurants will do the job. Alternately, you can relax in a hammock under a big eucalyptus and watch the clouds go by.
You will be spoilt for choice in this wonderful part of the world! Choosing from:
- Bush walking
- Hot air ballooning
- Horse riding
- Wine tours
- Visit Watagan National Park
- Visit the Hunter Valley Gardens
- Hunter Valley Zoo
- Guided tours of local aboriginal sites
- Segway tours of select wineries
- Fine dining
- Visit the Hunter Valley smelly cheese shop
- Visit local historic Wollombi village
- Helicopter rides
- Play golf
- Visit a day spa for pampering
- Visit local galleries
- Visit one of the many local markets
If you are unsure of what you may like to do, or need help arranging your activities our team will be more than happy to help you plan your activities.